Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Official...

We've made it past the first trimester...and still so excited!!!

Our last appointment was yesterday; no pictures to share this time. Baby Shirley is doing great with a heart rate of 153 beats per minute.

So far, I've gained three pounds. Most clothing still fits (with the exception of a couple pairs of jeans that must be worn unbuttoned). The queasiness and exhaustion have subsided for now, and my appetite is growing. Most days I don't "feel" pregnant, but every now and again, I have the strangest sensations in my abdomen area. It's sort of like a stretching feeling or mild cramps, as if I can literally feel the area growing. Don't worry; the doctor said this is normal!

Jesse says he can tell my belly button has changed. How observant! I'm guessing this is a sign that I'll "pop" any day now!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Made it past the first trimester!!! Now I can start spoiling my much loved niece/nephew and buying stuff!!! :)

    ReplyDelete