Sunday, January 31, 2010

Where the Blog Have We Been???

It's been three months since we last updated the blog, so we have a whole trimester worth of catching up! Since October, not much has changed, except for the size of my belly! Below is your first belly pic. Funny story: Jesse calls that sweater my "magic sweater" because I thought when I had it on people couldn't tell I was pregnant unless they had a side view of me. That was one of the first days that complete strangers made comments about our pregnancy, and I kept asking Jesse how people knew. Apparently, I was a bit delusional about the size of my belly, so Jesse took this pic at our doctor's appointment to show me what I really looked like. Wow...and that was three weeks ago! Needless to say, my magic sweater no longer works!

My Magic Sweater

Baby Shirley is healthy and growing fast. His/her heart rate has been consistent in the 140s to 150s range. We are currently 36 weeks along and cannot wait to meet Baby Shirley! Until then, here's what we've been up to the past few months.

On December 5, our Moms and our friend Amber hosted our baby shower. Heartfelt thanks to the hostesses! We had so much fun and are so grateful to everyone who helped us celebrate!


Baking Cookies the Night Before with Amber, Great-Grandma Jean, and Grandma Libby

"Shirley Nest Is Growing" Theme

Buffet Style

Daddy Never Gets a Day Off

Parents-to-Be

Best Belly Buddies (Amber's due in April!) 

Cousin Liam, Halmoni (Korean for Grandmother) Yong Hui, and Jovana's Nina (Godmother) Terry

Diaper Changing Challenge

Decorating Onesies

Time to Open Baby Gifts

Lovin' the Baby Clothes

From Grandpa Rusty: Jesse's Baby Clothes for the Next Generation
(Yes, that Big Bird hat still fits Jesse's head!)

Jovana's nesting instinct was starting to kick in, so Jesse had to start building the nursery furniture.

 
 
 

And then after a few weeks of shopping trips, we finally got the nursery done!


Now, all we need is Baby Shirley! Hopefully, our next posting will introduce the newest addition to the Shirley family.

2 comments:

  1. You look absolutely beautiful, JoJo! So sorry I couldn't make the shower. Jesse did a great job with the nursery. I can't wait to see Baby Shirley!
    Love you,
    Wheatley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was starting to wonder where the blog you have been! :) Glad to see your post and your cute pictures. You look great!

    ReplyDelete